It's the final. Which of these great players will be voted the Champion Funkster of FunkQuest Season 5 and claim the crown? Its up to you!
Or listen to the Audio below
Carmel chose the 'Strawberry Cake'
What sauces do you put on a hot dog?
Shawny picked the 'Lion'
Who makes the first move at getting back in touch?
Carmel liked the 'Trainers'
What is your favourite show on TV?
Shawny went for the 'Tiger Stripes'
What do your friends have in common?
Carmel picked the 'Paints'
Where have you been on a boat?
Shawny decided on the 'Pyramids'
How many books did you read last year?
Carmel wanted the'Grapes'
What makes you feel insecure?
Shawny picked the 'Oops Girl'
What is the worst thing to happen before going on Holiday?
Carmel chose the 'Whole World'
When was the last time you wrote a cheque?
Shawny went for the 'Mountain Scene'
What irritates you most about your neighbours?
Too busy to listen to the FULL episode? Watch the key extracts below..
Here is the recipe for Dragon-Slaying Yorkshire Parkin
Parkin is a Yorkshire cake made in the autumn; its ingredients include oatmeal.
Oats are only grown up north. It is sweet and spicy, but be warned, it might stick your teeth together!
100g softened butter
100g soft dark brown sugar
50g black treacle
200g golden syrup
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ginger
1 tsp mixed spice
1. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
2. Set the oven to 140°C, 120°C for a fan oven, or gas mark 1.
3. Gently melt the butter, sugar, treacle and syrup in a pan but do not let it boil.
4. Sieve the flour into a bowl, and mix in the oatmeal, ginger, baking powder and mixed spice.
5. Pour in the melted mixture and stir it all together.
6. Beat the eggs and then mix those in too.
7. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for one hour and fifteen minutes.
8. After this time, test it by pushing a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is ready; if not, leave it a little longer.
9. Allow the cake to cool in the baking tin a little while before removing.
If you can manage to wait, keep it for a few days before eating so that the flavour and
Yorkshire Folktales for Children by Carmel Page
The insecurity jacket is below.
Shawny's address (for fan mail etc) is
2015 Main Street
Carmel's book is below.
Vote for your favourite funkster to WIN FunkQuest - season 5 by leaving a comment below.
The funkster with the most votes will be crowned Grand Champion Funkster.
Voting closes 12 noon Friday 10th June 12 noon Big Ben time.